26. I am even grateful for my lovely apartment provided through Housing and Urban Development. Some people are living in the streets.
27. I am grateful that, even with all of his limitations, for we all have them, that Bruce takes care of me physically and emotionally with a generosity that knows no bounds. I am so very grateful that he, with compassionate interest, often helps to provide for my sister, Haley, Allen, even my mother and father.
28. I am grateful to live within the boundaries of a country that offers a freedom not enjoyed by the entire globe.
29. I am grateful for the forces of nature that teases me with rain, snow and sunshine.
30. I am grateful for the view outside my window. I can see the mountains and remember the deer, the bear, the turkey and the baby foxes that made me laugh, the squirrel that Manny loved to chase. I am grateful for the memory of the morning ritual of opening the door for Manny, while he charged outside, me hollering, "Go get 'em Cowboy!!!" Ah. . . so many memories of my Dobie, Little Man.
31. I am grateful for a good cup of coffee, a glass of wine and a burning scented candle. I always said that if I have those three things, I feel rich. But, I must also have books! "A room without books is like a body without a soul."
32. Although I stubbornly fight them, I am grateful for the tears, the sobs that can cleanse my inner being and bring about a newness, a calm that enables a fresher look at life.
33. I am grateful to have known the sound of the percussion made by the wind-chimes outside my bedroom window.
34. I am grateful for the sound of the Great Horned Owl who frequented the forest about me.
35. I am grateful for the sound of the crickets during the night and the bass of the frogs who resided by the lake, the Katy-Dids that added their music and the short and long horned grasshoppers who scratched a tune, for the little toads who sought refuge beneath my porch during the hours of daylight and trusted us to hold them at night, peering at the uniqueness of their species.
36. I am grateful for the nighttime cry of the Whip-or-Will who chose to nest behind our house. And, for the red tailed hawk who took up residence in our woods.
37. I am grateful for the unusual friendship with a Praying Mantas who made a certain Rendezvous unforgettable.
38. I am grateful for the singular day with Little Man in the rain, when we were spontaneously joined by an elderly gentleman who just had to grab his umbrella and follow our walk home, sharing our silliness and joy. I am grateful that I made him smile and for the final wave before he departed.
39. I am grateful to have witnessed the once in a lifetime sight and sound of a moving hive of bees.
40. I am also grateful to have seen an entire hive of bees settled into a bush to rest before they continued on their journey.
41. I am grateful to be able to hear the sound of music.
42. I feel grateful for all of the choices in life and to fear not death.
43. I am grateful for something new in my life. . . f riendships developed through a web-site named Etsy and for this blog that will offer me opportunity to express myself and find others who, like me, want to share their gift with the world.