Welcome

I believe in being prepared for any given situation. It isn't because I'm a pessimistic person; I think it is just good common sense. Hence, I've entitled my blog "Even Nothing is Something."



This covers my butt in any event. On any given day I can feel great exaltation that I have done something grand. I can scribble fiercely when my thoughts are leaping across the meadows of my mind like a happy little colt in the month of May, or my mind and writing can be as dry and arid, as cold and without life, as the Gobi desert - because even Nothing is Something.



I want to thank all of my fellow artists who work through other means and forms and who sell their work on the wonderful artist's site "Etsy," a place to buy and sell all things handmade, along with vintage items and supplies for their craft. They are a great group of people.



Those who have links to their site on my blog represent only a few of those whom I wish to include. Just click on one of those links and join the Etsy community. It is free. They are a great group of artists who have relieved me of my money in the most delightful of ways. If it weren't for their encouragement, I would have never shared my work through this blog.



Thank you my darling friends!



Enjoy my blog - The Poet or Not - More or Less















Friday, August 13, 2010

Just a Thought

I don't play computer games. But, my sister is a computer whiz at all things, including games, and some of them I find downright fascinating. For instance, she "owns" a working farm - crops, animals, the whole nine yards. And, she has to take care of it too! If she fails to feed her animals, they leave - a much more humane thing for the makers of this game to do with these animals because at least they don't die of starvation. Her crops will die without appropriate attention.

Now here is the "just a thought." None of my thirteen followers have ever accepted my invitation, nay my begging, to click on the "join" button once again and fix this error of their missing presence. Maybe I don't feed them with enough new pieces of poetry, essays or other nonsense and, therefore, they have just up and left. I don't know who is the most cruel, them or me. But, doggone it! I'm always writing new stuff to include in my book manuscript. Somehow it makes the work seem not so new if I post it on my blog! What a horrible corundum.

In order to make this post of some usefulness, I'll point out to my fellow writers who question this: it is perfectly acceptable to begin a sentence with the words: but, and, etc. The rule making it unacceptable is antiquated; many writers are unaware of this lovely literary tidbit.

(Now I'm really sad - for real. I just noticed today is August 13th. Today is my wedding anniversary. I think I'll get just a bit tipsy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment